Please join us for the inaugural Pennsylvania Department of Aging LGBTQ Aging Summit on October 9th – 10th. The Summit will be held at the Sheraton Harrisburg – Hershey at 4650 Lindle Road in Harrisburg. It commences on Tuesday, October 9th at 3pm with a partial day session. Wednesday, October 10th will be a full day session ending at around 3pm.
The inaugural PDA LGBTQ Aging Summit theme is “Connecting Communities & Inspiring Change” and features:
- Kathy Greenlee, former Assistant Secretary of Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Michael Adams, Chief Executive Officer at SAGE (Advocacy & Services for LGBT Elders)
- Join the Summit attendees and presenters for a networking reception immediately following the Keynote & Panel Discussion on October 9th @ 5:15pm.
- Community Panel – LGBTQ older adults share their lived experiences related to inclusivity, barriers to services and more.
- Provider Panel – Providers who have journeyed in the space of increasing LGBTQ inclusiveness in the older adult community share knowledge and experience.
- State Panel – Members of Governor Tom Wolf’s cabinet including Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of Health; Teresa Osborne, Secretary of Aging and others answer questions and discuss current issues.
- Regional Planning Session: Will offer attendees an opportunity to develop strategies to promote LGBTQ inclusivity and connect with other attendees within their community.
- Both days October 9th & October 10th: $50
- October 9th ONLY: $20
- October 10th ONLY: $30
- When making payment, please make your check payable to ‘P4A’ and mail to: Pennsylvania Association of Area Agencies on Aging, 525 South 29th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104.
If you are an older adult who would like to register for the summit, but would be unable due to financial hardship, please download, complete, and submit the following form: LGBTQ Aging Summit Schalarship Form.
>> CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <<
- Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey is offering a room block rate of $124 per night plus tax for summit attendees on a first-come, first served basis through September 18th. To book a room, please follow this link or if you call the hotel directly, mention the LGBTQ Aging Summit.